Quinoa and Roasted Red Pepper Salad
When people think of eating healthily or dieting, salads are the first thing that pop into mind but without some creativity they can taste miserable or require so many ingredients that they are not worth the trouble. Here is an idea that we can assure you won’t be a hassle and will taste like a party in your mouth!
Nutritional Info (per person)
Serves: 2 person
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Good to know:
- Gluten free
- Egg free
- Dairy free
- 2 red peppers
- 1 cup quinoa
- 50 gr radish, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Parsley, chopped
- Coriander, chopped
- 10 gr toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp mirin
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Squeeze of agave or honey
- 1 tsp mustard
- Preheat the oven (grill only) at 200°C.
- Place the peppers on a baking tray and in the over. Cook for about 30 minutes, turning a couple of times, until black all over.
- Leave to cool and then peel them.
- Slice the pepper making sure that you discard the seeds, but keep the juice that will build up on your tray or chopping board.
- While the pepper are cooking, wash the quinoa under cold water then cook according to packet instructions.
- Once ready, mix all the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- In a glass or small bowl, mix well all the dressing ingredients and pour the mixture on the salad just before eating.