This pesto is a combination of a few different recipes I’ve used over the years. It works a treat and is extremely easy to make! This is the one chicken recipe that both adults and kids seem to be equally mad about. The best bit? Make a double batch of pesto and store the remainder in the fridge to use on salad dressing or to throw on your pasta.
Nutritional Info (per person)
Serves: 6 person
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Good to know:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- 6 skinless chicken breasts (approx. 1.2 kg), cut through the middle to create 12 thinner pieces
- 2.5 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups parsley
- 3 large garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/3 cup of pine nuts (you can substitute with walnuts or other nuts if you prefer)
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Using a food processor, blend the basil. parsley, garlic, pine nuts & lemon juice until completely combined. Whilst the food processor is still on slowly add the olive oil. Once blended to create the pesto marinade you can add salt and pepper to taste.
- Marinade the chicken in the pesto (in a bag or shallow dish) for 1-2 hours mixing it every so often. If you want to leave it marinating in the fridge over night this will work too.
- Grill or bake in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink inside. Delicious served with some homemade garlic mayo!