Sweet Potato and Courgette Fritters
We wanted to give you a healthier alternative to the normal potato latkes. Sweet potatoes pack a powerful nutritional punch, they have 400% of your daily needs of vitamin A, in a medium sized pot, as well as loads of fibre and potassium!
Nutritional Info (per person)
Serves: 8 person
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Good to know:
- Gluten free
- Dairy Free
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 courgette
- 1 red onion
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons of flour (we used buckwheat flour so they are gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed
- salt and pepper
- coconut oil
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Grate the sweet potato, red onion and courgette into a large mixing bowl, add the egg, flour, flaxseed, salt and pepper. Leave to stand for 10 minutes for the flaxseed and flour to soak up any liquid.
- Heat a large frying pan and add a tablespoon of coconut oil. Form the mixture into balls and drop them in the hot oil, keep turning until golden brown on each side.
- Then place in oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.