Nutritional Info (per person)
Serves: 6 person
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Good to know:
- Gluten free
- Egg free
- Dairy free
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1kg bag of frozen garden peas
- 250g Asparagus
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Vegetable or chicken stock (home made is best, but otherwise use shop bought)
- Break off the woody ends of the asparagus and steam or boil for 3-4 minutes to soften them.
- In the meantime heat up the coconut oil in a large pot and throw in the onions to sauté.
- Once the onions are transparent and nice and soft throw in the bag of frozen peas and the asparagus. Fill with water to just below the vegetables, cover with a lid and boil.
- Add the stock, turn the heat down to low and let simmer for around 45 minutes.
- Once the soup has cooled slightly blend using a hand blender then serve and enjoy!