Pea & Asparagus Soup
This is a super easy and quick soup to make and a great one for the whole family to enjoy! The best bit about it is that it’s made with frozen peas so you can make this soup without too much planning!
Nutritional Info (per person)
Serves: 6 person
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Good to know:
- Gluten free
- Egg free
- Dairy free
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1kg bag of frozen garden peas
- 250g Asparagus
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Vegetable or chicken stock (home made is best, but otherwise use shop bought)
- Break off the woody ends of the asparagus and steam or boil for 3-4 minutes to soften them.
- In the meantime heat up the coconut oil in a large pot and throw in the onions to sauté.
- Once the onions are transparent and nice and soft throw in the bag of frozen peas and the asparagus. Fill with water to just below the vegetables, cover with a lid and boil.
- Add the stock, turn the heat down to low and let simmer for around 45 minutes.
- Once the soup has cooled slightly blend using a hand blender then serve and enjoy!
The Ultimate Nicoise£0.00