Cauliflower Pizza Base
This is a great healthy alternative to a regular pizza base! You bake it in advance and then add the toppings and pop it back in the oven. For the one in the photo just make a quick tomato sauce, throw on some grilled aubergine and crumble feta on top! This recipe makes one small pizza, but double the ingredients to make a large one.
Nutritional Info (per person)
Serves: 1 person
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Good to know:
- Gluten free
- ½ cauliflower head
- 1 egg
- Seasonings (pepper, salt, garlic power, etc.)
- Breakup and place head of cauliflower in a food processor to make consistency of rice/couscous.
- Set oven on lowest possible setting.
- Evenly spread the cauliflower on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and place in the oven for an hour.
- Open the oven from time to time to release steam and stir once or twice so it will be evenly dehydrated. Remove from the oven once relatively dry. Raise the oven’s temperature to 200°C
- Place in a bowl, add the egg and spices to the cauliflower and stir.
- On a greased pan, shape the mixture into the desired pizza base shape and flatten to your desired thickness.
- Bake for 15 minutes. It will probably be cooked thoroughly enough that can be flipped over and remain one piece to cook for an additional 15 minutes.