Chicken/Turkey Burgers in a Portobello Mushroom Bun with Sweet Potato Fries
This is a great one for the whole family, and using the mushroom as your bun, takes away the added calories of a bread roll!
Nutritional Info (per person)
Serves: 6 person
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Good to know:
- Gluten free
- Egg free
- Dairy free
- 2 x 500 gr packs of chicken/turkey breast mince (or use both)
- 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed
- 1 egg
- 1 apple – grated
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 large Portobello mushrooms
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- For the burger – place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine everything together, then leave to stand for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 190°C, wash your sweet potatoes and with skin on slice up into chips, pour over the melted coconut oil, season with salt and pepper and place on a lined oven tray.
- Leave the chips aside and go back to your minced chicken/turkey, with your hands form the mince into patties (whatever size you prefer) and place on a lined oven tray, then cook in oven for up to an hour, but check that they don’t dry out, and ensure they are cooked through!
- Now it’s time to put the chips in oven for around 40 mins (until browned and cooked through) and whilst the chips are cooking, layout your portobello mushrooms on a baking tray, spray with some olive oil and place under the grill or use a griddle pan until they are soft.
- Then compile your burger with whatever fillings you like add – we love lettuce, pickles, tomato, fried egg, fried onions or our homemade mayo.