Kid Friendly Tuna Cakes
This super quick meal is always a winner in my family and the best part of it is that it’s made with ingredients you’ll find in your cupboard! The ingredients below are not exactly precise, but as a rule so long as you have an egg and some breadcrumbs to stick it all together it seems to work! Serve with home made sweet potato wedges or a salad.
Nutritional Info (per person)
Serves: 4 person
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Good to know:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- 3 tins of tuna
- 1 tin cannellini beans
- 1 medium baked sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of whole-wheat breadcrumbs (to be honest I stick 2 slices of wholewheat bread in the magimix with the lot!)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil per batch
- Ok, now don’t laugh…. throw all the ingredients into a magimix or blender and mix until almost smooth!
- Leave in the fridge for 20 minutes to rest.
- Take small handfuls of the mixture and roll into a ball and then flatten into your desired shape.
- Heat oil (be careful, coconut oil heats up very quickly) and once sizzling lightly fry 5/6 at a time. When they are golden flip over and cook the other side.
- Remove from saucepan and place on a paper towel to absorb the remaining oil. Repeat for the second batch. Eat & Enjoy!