A tasty variation on your usual porridge. Great consumed immediately or reheated the following day. Have a play with the toppings! We gave you some ideas but the options are endless.
Nutritional Info (per person)
Serves: 2 person
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Good to know:
- Gluten free
- Egg free
- Dairy free
- 1 cup milk (which ever variety you like best!)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 grated apple1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Chopped walnuts and roasted almond flakes
- Coconut chips
- Rinse quinoa under cold running water.
- Combine quinoa and water in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes until cooked.
- Add milk, cinnamon and grated apples.
- Cook for 5 minutes until creamy – add more milk if you want a creamier texture.
- Serve with your topping of choice and enjoy!