It’s easy to feel like you are missing out when you are on a healthy eating plan and everyone around you seems to be feasting on junk food! Well fear not – this pop corn recipe is low in calories, really easy to make and very delicious! It’s suitable for the whole family and you can get really creative with your flavours!
Nutritional Info (per person)
Serves: 1 person
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Good to know:
- Gluten free
- 1 heaped teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels
- Salt and pepper
- Salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder & smoked paprika
- Salt, pepper, onion powder
- Salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar
- Use a medium heavy saucepan (around a 20cm diameter) and heat the coconut oil. As soon as the oil has completely melted add the popcorn kernels and shake them so they are only one layer thick.
- Put the lid on (a glass lid is useful for this recipe) and set to a medium heat. As soon as you hear the first kernels pop, start shaking the saucepan continuously. In no time at all you’ll have a full saucepan of popcorn. When the popping slows down you’ll know you are almost done. (Warning: it’s really easy to burn them to you have to keep a close eye on the popcorn!)
- Pour straight into a large bowl and season whilst hot. Shake the bowl so all the popcorn gets coated and the seasoning doesn’t drop to the bottom.
The Ultimate Nicoise£0.00