Egg White Muffins
These are easy and nutritious – high in protein and low in calories (less than 30 per muffin) and extremely adaptable with whatever veg you have available. Suitable for freezing and take hardly any time to defrost.
Nutritional Info (per person)
Serves: 12 person
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Good to know:
- Gluten free
- Dairy Free
- One teaspoon coconut oil
- 1.5 cups of egg whites
- 2 cups raw spinach
- 1 cup of raw chopped cherry tomatoes (or sun dried tomatoes)
- 1 cup of raw chopped asparagus
- 1 cup chopped pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Add spinach, tomatoes and asparagus to a non-stick frying pan for a couple of minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
- Separate eggs and stir in sautéed vegetables to the whites.
- Fill each muffin tin with the mixture and bake. Don’t fill containers to the top as they will rise.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. To check if they are fully cooked stick a tooth pick in the centre and make sure it comes out clean.