Our precious weekends are all about socialising and relaxing after a tough week of work and other commitments, and that can often involve eating and drinking without the structure of the week to keep us in line!
We all do it – eat too much and too often, drink more alcohol than we should over the course of the weekend. And then Monday morning comes, we all feel very guilty about our over indulgence and at the same time tempted to let it continue since the damage is done!! NOT SO. Monday mornings are all about recalibrating and getting back on track. Don’t let a indulgent weekend turn into an out of control week.
Here are some of Ace’s top tips for reigning it back in and getting on track on a Monday morning. Follow these and it will be almost as if the half a challah never happened…
1. DON’T FEEL GUILTY: We all need moments where we let go and enjoy – it is what life is all about. Don’t feel guilty if it only happens once in a while – although every weekend could present a bit of a problem! Don’t beat yourself up, you had a fun weekend now just focus on getting back on plan.
2. DRINK LOTS OF WATER: Drinking water helps your body get rid of the toxins that you acquired over the weekend so it’s a good idea to drink up to 3 litres on a Monday. Also drink lots of hot water with lemon to help cleanse your body.
3. PUSH BACK BREAKFAST: On Monday morning, try to eat breakfast a couple of hours later – its good not to ingest any food for good for a while (same principle of not eating while you sleep or late at night). Bodies that don’t eat for 8-12 hours, digest food better. Fact. Drink hot water with lemon, water and green tea and then have a protein rich breakfast full of good fats – scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and avocado.
4. DO A HIIT 30 MINUTE SESSION: HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) describes a workout that alternates between intense bursts of activity and periods of less intense activity or even complete rest. HIIT has many benefits (http://acelondonfitness.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/hiit.html )and if you can get one in on a Monday it will help burn more calories for longer and get you back on track for a good week.
5. DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELF: The worst thing you can do on a Monday morning is get straight on the scales to weigh yourself. Your body is retaining water from the extra carbohydrates and alcohol you have consumed, and the scales will not show an accurate weight. Wait until Wednesday morning, when your body has had a chance to get back into your normal routine, and make sure to do it after your morning ‘number 1’, and before you have had anything to drink or eat.
Check out the rest of the website for recipes and lifestyle tips.
For information on ace’s classes: email@example.com
To find us on facebook: www.faebook.com/acelondonuk