We have had lots of questions from our aceCOMMUNITY asking how to stay fit and healthy during these tumultuous times. Many are also worried about their waistbands expanding, their workouts going to pot as the gym is closed, and finding the time to exercise when they’re having to home school their children.
So here are our top tips to help you stay in shape:
- Have a meal schedule – Set times of the day for your meals and snacks and stick to them – no eating between these times. This should apply to the whole family. The kids don’t eat constantly during a normal school day so they really don’t have to whilst at home!
- Schedule in your own workouts – Set an alarm 40 mins before the rest of the house is up and get it done. You will feel great that you have got it out of the way and won’t need to worry about trying to squeeze it in between feeding the troops, cleaning the house, teaching the kids etc.
- Get outside everyday – The Government are allowing you to leave your house to do some exercise every day. Make the most of this and go for a brisk walk, run, or a bike ride if you own a bike! (but always respect the 2m social-distancing rule).
- Prepare fruit and vegetables – Pre-cut your fruit and vegetables to make it easier for everyone in the household to grab a healthy snack when they really need to eat something.
- Have a dance party everyday – Schedule a dance party every afternoon! It’s a great way to get those endorphins going, and you can all take turns to choose the music so you can introduce each other to different musical experiences and genres.
- Play sports – If you’re lucky enough to have a garden during this time get outside, have a football tournament, do running races, play basketball etc.
- Home Workouts – Every week day at 10am we are streaming our FREE aceFITNESSCLUB live workout through Instagram Live and Facebook Live. It’s a great workout for the whole family and needs no equipment. Keep checking our social media feeds for updates on all our other virtual classes.
- Housework – The daily chores such as cleaning your house will help to increase your daily PAL (Physical Activity Level) so cleaning and hoovering can help burn some extra cals win, win!
- Try and get 10,000 steps per day – We know it is harder than ever before, but you can still get those 10,000 steps per day using all our tips above.
Let us know how you are staying fit and healthy during the lock down or if you have any other questions or feedback.